The Irish College of English has been running Youth Programmes for over 25 years and has an International Reputation for Quality Programmes. In addition to our Classic and Intensive English & Cultural Programmes, we offer alternative options in our English & Sports Camps.
Our Horse Riding and English Language Camp combines 15 hours English Language tuition in the mornings and Horse Riding 4 afternoons per week. Ireland is an Ideal Horse Riding Destination and known as the Land of the Horse. Students have 3 hours in the stables 4 afternoons per week, this is divided into 2 hours stable management and 1 hour horse riding. In addition, students have two trips per week. This programme is the ideal way for students to fully immerse themselves in the language by meeting new friends while improving their Riding skills.
We cater for all abilities of riders and there is one hour of riding under instruction each afternoon and 2 hours of Horse Riding and Stable Management. Horse riding takes place in Monk’s Field Equestrian Centre in a Large Purpose Built New Facility. Participants are divided into groups of 8 and have their own instructor. Qualified instruction and suitable horses and ponies for all standards are provided. Riders are encouraged to extend their equine knowledge to include all aspects of horse care and handling.
Programme Timetable July 3rd – 5th August 2017
- 15 hours Tuition per week Mon – Fri 8.45am – 12.00pm
- 12 Hours Horse Riding & Stable Management per week Tues – Friday 1.00pm – 4.00pm
- 1 Half-Day Cultural Activity per week
- 1 Full Day Saturday Excursion per week
- 4 Optional Evening Activity per week
- Choose from 2/3/4 week stays
2 Weeks: € 1210
3 Weeks: € 1830
4 Weeks: € 2360
*Full Board Host Family Accommodation additional € 200 per week
*Professional Airport Transfers Operated by a member of our staff – € 45 each way
All Inclusive Camp Including:
- Assessment on Arrival, Registration & Administration
- 15 Hours Tuition Per Week (Max of 15 students per class)
- 12 Hours Horse Riding and Stable Management per week
- (1 hour riding, 2 hours stable management per day)
- Irish Leader To Accompany Groups On All Activities
- Quality Host Family Accommodation Within Walking Distance
- One Nationality Per Host Family Guaranteed unless otherwise requested
- All Course Materials and use of Student Textbook
- Student Exit Report & Graded Certificate of Attainment
- 1 Half Day Activity, 1 Full Day Excursion Outside Dublin
- Unlimited Bus/Rail Pass and All Entrance Fees Included
- Four Optional Evening Activities
- No Hidden Costs
Portmarnock is a small coastal village in North County Dublin. Portmarnock is home to one of the finest blue flag beaches in Dublin and the world famous Portmarnock Golf Club. Just 15 minutes from Dublin airport and with excellent bus and rail links to Dublin city centre (just 20 minutes to Dublin city centre by train), Portmarnock is an ideal location for a language stay.
Quality Host Family Accommodation
We guarantee one nationality per host family unless otherwise requested, the majority of host families have take 1 – 3 students at any time. If you have special requests regarding host family accommodation we are happy to try to meet these requirements. All host family accommodation is within walking distance of our school and vetted by our Staff.
‘A home from home’ A typical day with a Host Family
Students are woken by their host mum, have a shower and eat breakfast
Students are given a packed lunch for the day
Students walk to school and return home at about 6 pm after their tuition and activity programme
On returning home, students have dinner with their host family and chat about what happened that day
Students may spend the evening relaxing and chatting with the family or friends
A strict curfew of 9.30pm applies when all students must be home
Students and families have 24 hour access to an emergency phone number and a member of our team is always on duty to help