Terms and Conditions
1. Transfers: Flight number, date and time of arrival must be advised to the Irish College of English as soon as possible to enable us to arrange your collection at the airport. Where flights are delayed/cancelled, the college should be informed immediately to allow us to reschedule transfers, where we are unable to reschedule transfers due to lack of notice, students will be required to arrange and pay for taxi transport to their host family.
2. We advise all clients to take out full Personal & Medical Insurance including baggage cover prior to arrival as ICE accepts no responsibility in the event of illness, theft, accident, damages or loss of personal effects. All clients from E.U. countries should bring a European Health Insurance Card. Non EU students must take out private medical insurance. Students/Parents are responsible for all medical & related costs incurred during their stay. Group/Individual Waivers must be signed pre arrival.
3. We do not accept responsibility for costs incurred due to flight delays i.e. accommodation etc.
4. ICE reserves the right to expel students who do not abide by our school policies or who take part in any activities that ICE deems unacceptable. In this situation, agents/parents are responsible for arranging accommodation / rescheduling flight home etc . No refunds will be given.
5. Registration will be confirmed for each student only upon receipt of completed registration forms and full payment of fees.
6. Where damage/theft of property of the host family or to any other property is caused by a student, this student (where the student is a minor, the student’s parents) will be responsible for the cost of any such damage and payment should be immediate, where credit card details are in our system, this payment method will be used.
7. ICE reserves the right to cancel arrangements if the booking conditions are not met. ICE reserves the right to cancel programmes that are not filled.
8. ICE must be advised of any heatlth problems or specific dietary requirements at the time of booking.
9. If for any reason deemed acceptable to ICE a student can no longer be accommodated in host family accommodation, it is the agent’s/parents’s responsibility to find suitable accommodation for the student. ICE will refund the agent/parents any unused host family fees. Examples of such situations may be – unacceptable student behaviour, a medical programme which the family is unable to adapt to, a contagious disease etc.
10. Refund Policy:
- – There is no refund for a cancellation made within 21 days of the commencement of the course or if a student fails to complete the programme.
- – Deposits are non-refundable in all circumstances.
- – Partial refunds will be made where notice is given more than 21 days prior to arrival. This partial refund is as follows – deposits are non-refundable, the remaining tuition fees will be refunded.
- – There is no refund for students who change from Intensive to other courses of lesser hours.
- – Visas – if a student does not acquire their visa, we will refund all fees paid, except for 200 euro which we keep as an administration fee. In these circumstances, a statement from the relevant consultant/embassy that no visa was issued is required. Once visa students have used our course details to enter Ireland, classes must be attended and all fees are non-refundable.
- – There is no refund of fees for days missed during the course, for late arrival or early departure or for public holidays.
11. Cancellation Policy for Groups/Individuals – Deposits are non-refundable. There will be no additional cancellation fee for groups/individuals where a written cancellation notice is received at least 3 weeks prior to the start date of the course. There are no refunds of course fees for cancellations made less than 3 weeks prior to the start date of the course.