Host Family Accommodation
Quality Friendly Welcoming Families all within Walking Distance/Very Short Bus Journey from our School
Most Families Host Two/Three Students
Year Round Host Family Co-Ordinator ensuring Quality, Host Family Charter in Place
Quality Host Families with the Irish College of English – Learn English at our Quality English Language School and stay with Friendly and Welcoming Irish Host Families with Comfortable rooms within walking distance or a very short bus journey from our English Schools.
We arrange stays for students who wish to live with an Irish Family for a Truly linguistic stay in Ireland. Irish people have a tradition of hospitality and warmth. This tradition is renowned all over the world and has been a major factor in attracting thousands of students to study English in Ireland. Quality Accommodation is a key focus at the Irish College of English. Our locations are excellent and Malahide is one of Dublin’s most prestigious areas to live in. We only use Host Family Accommodation within walking distance or a very short bus journey of our Schools, and as we operate all year round, we build strong relationships with the community and with all our host families. We have a full time member of staff dedicated to visiting and ensuring the quality of our home stays.
Student Welfare is Our Main Concern and we choose our families very carefully to ensure maximum comfort. In addition we have a Home Stay Charter in place which clearly sets out standards and our policies concerning all Learn English Ireland Host Family Programmes. Students may be placed with other International Students thus developing new friendships with young people from all over the world. We can guarantee students an excellent host family stay and our student feedback attests to this. Full board is provided with Breakfast, Packed Lunch and an Evening Meal with emphasis on a nutritious diet. Students become members of the family for the duration of their stay and fit into normal family life. We can guarantee students an excellent host family stay and our student feedback attests to this.
The majority of host families have take 1 – 3 students at any time. If you have special requests regarding host family accommodation we are happy to try to meet these requirements where possible. All host family accommodation is within walking distance or a very short bus journey from our school and vetted by our staff.
A typical day with a host family ‘A home from home’
- Students are woken by their host mum, have a shower and eat breakfast
- Students are given a packed lunch for the day
- Students walk to school or take a very short bus journey and return home at about 6 pm after their tuition and activity programme
- On returning home, students have dinner with their host family and chat about what happened that day
- Students may spend the evening relaxing and chatting with the family or meet up with friends in the locality
- A strict curfew of 9.30pm applies when all students must be home
- Students and families have 24 hour access to an emergency phone number and a member of our team is always on duty to help